Nevaeh is such a little wiggle worm! I can't get her to sit still for a minute. I swear she must have A.D.D because she has so much energy! She pretty much wears us all out! I'm glad I have extra hands to help because I don't know how I'd do it alone. I have no idea where she gets all her energy from because it sure wasn't from me. I'm always tired! I guess she must've sucked it out of me when she was in the belly! Nevertheless, she is sooo much fun! As you can tell from this picture -------------------->she just won't sit still for a minute! I still ♥ her though!
So...everyime I give Nevaeh a bath, she insists on eating the soap suds! YUCK! I tell her, "No, no, that's dirty water." (in Spanish of course!). But she just giggles and keeps doing it. Silly little girl!


Finally, I've been trying to teach Nevaeh some sign language. It's been going pretty well. I say the words in Spanish but I do the signs in English. I hope she doesn't end up one confused child! So I say, "leche" a.k.a "milk". Well, yesterday while I was feeding her some lunch she started playing around with her fingers and making a fist. I figured she must want some milk. So I kept doing the sign and she kept doing it right along with me! Horray! (it could be my imagination too though..LOL..because I really want her to sign!) No but I really think she's getting the hang out it! We sign water, milk, eat, mom, shoes, more, baby, those are the ones we do most. I'm glad she's picking up on them. She's a super smart baby! I wouldn't be surprised to see her signing soon enough! Sign language is awesome! OH, and I forgot..so I guess now I know why everyone says not to say No to you baby...Nevaeh says "Nananana" which pretty much is "nononono" all the time now!! Bad idea!!! I didn't really want that to be her first word! Also, the other day she was saying "mam" which I'm guessing is "mom" ...I was like NOOOOOOO she needs to say "mama" (in spanish!) LOL..I think she's just practicing playing with sounds! Anyway, I guess things don't always turn out the way we plan them. I just want Nevaeh to learn Spanish before she learns English because I know it's gonna be a huge benefit to her in the future! Just like learning sign language will be!


4 comments:
how cute! active babies are so much fun, they keep you on your toes, although I'm sure you'd love some down time! around 6 months is the best time to start sign language with your little one. I've been using sign with Brock for a while. just every now and again throwing in signs as we read, and play and eat. if you think Nevaeh is going to be confused what is my Brocky going to be I tell him things in sign, in Spanish {the little I know because i want him to be able to talk with his Uncle from Mexico}, Italian, English and my husband's mom talks to him only in Polish.
I can't believe how adorable she is. I love her bath picture. I let Tri borrow natalia's signing videos. You should do them together. It is so good for them.
What a smart little girl! She is so cute. I want to teach John sign language as well. I think that concept is so neat. I don't think she will get too confused if you say it in Spanish and sign it in English. If anything it will probably be good for her to learn it that way. Good for you!
We're doing the same thing! Keep up the Spanish thing because it really will be useful for her in the future.
Post a Comment