Thursday, April 10, 2008

Official Due Date...Waiting..Waiting

Yesterday I went to the docs, he said I was dilated to a 1.
"That's it!" I said. I'm so dissappointed!
 So it seems like this little one isn't going to budge.
 The doc told me that I had to go to the hospital to get a Non-Stress Test.
So off to the hopsital I went.
All they did was measure the amniotic fluid and listened to the baby's heart to see if she was under, well, STRESS! I'm the one who's stressing here!
 The amniotic fluid seems to be fine and the baby is doing pefectly well.
 I must say, it was a pretty interesting experience.
I got to see her once more in the ultrasound.
 She looked like a big fat blurry ball.
 She sure does look uncomfortable in there.
They like for the baby to move at least twice while doing the test so that they can see if she is getting enough oxygen.
My lazy baby just wouldn't move. 
Oh the joys of sleeping.
 They woke her up with this little buzzer (reminds me of a buzzer we use to play with on one of those old board games, I can't remember the name of it right now).
Wiggle Wiggle is all I could feel.
 And just as fast as she woke up, she was back asleep.
 What a lazy girl! Like mother like daughter.
   So the doc said that if the amniotic fluid was good and everything was good we would wait over the weekend to see if this little girl would make her grand entrance.
 I go back to the doc's on Monday.
And I go back to the hospital for another NST.
 If she isn't here by then they're gonna induce me by Wednesday
 April 16th.
 So we'll for sure have a baby by next Wednesday!
My patience is wearing thin.
And my belly feels like it's going to explode.
 She's teaching me a lot of little lessons.
A lot of little lessons I NEED to learn.

No comments: