Saturday, April 19, 2008

LABOR AND DELIVERY

OREM COMMUNITY HOSPITAL


I haven't had much time lately!

 I guess that's understandable with a new born and all.
Sleep: 4 hours a night.
 Nevaeh is a big eater!
Feedings: Every 2 hours!
 Anyway, this is all besides the point.
I must tell you all about my labor of love.

 And the not so hard, but really long delivery process.


On Thursday night: April 10th I went to bed thinking,

"Is this little girl ever gonna come? Or am I bound to be pregnant for the rest of my life?"
I once watched this show about this lady who was pregnant for like 50 years.
The next morning: Friday, April 11th I woke up at around 6 in the morning with contractions. It's a miracle! But oh what a rough day!
All Friday:
Contractions every 10 minutes, lasting between 15 to 30 seconds.
I called the doc and he told me not to go into the hospital.
Not till I felt them every 5 minutes, lasting 45 seconds or longer.
My Friday was spent on the couch, trying to rest.
 (which was impossible because every time I had a contraction I had the sudden urge to pee).
Contraction=urge=running to the bathroom!
I showered and went to bed around 11
Well I tried to go to bed.
The contractions made it impossible.
I was miserable.
 I ended up falling asleep for 3.
The contractions woke me up.
By this point I was so exhausted!
The contractions were getting stronger and lasting longer.
But to my dismay they weren't any closer together.
Every 10 minutes.
The physical exhaustion made me feel like I was literally going crazy!
We, my parents and I, decided to head hospital at 3 A.M.
 Saturday, April 12.
 By the time I arrived I was already crying from the pain and the exhaustion.
Well more because I was so exhausted!
Can't a girl get a little rest before having a baby?! Geez!
 When we arrived at the hospital they told me I was only dilated 2 cm!
2cm!!! 2 cm!!
 WHAT?!!!
 All that pain and only 2 cm!!
The doc decided to keep me there because Nevaeh's heartbeat was heading south, instead of heading north, every time a contraction would come along.
No worries. Baby was ok.
I was so excited and happy.
We were going to have us a little baby today!
They took me to a room.

Gave me an epidural. Oh so amazing!
I got some Putosin, to help speed things up.
At this point I felt like I could finally rest!
 But I ended up not resting much.
Excitment, emotions, visitors!
 I was pretty out of it.
Medications can do that to you.
In and out of sleep from the exhaustion.
My lovely cousin, Betty, was there almost the whole time.
Taking pictures. For me and for a school project.
 Hours and hours went by.
  I was dilating, but it was such a sllllllloooowww process.
 4 PM: the doctor came in, checked me, said I was dilated 8 cm.
I was excited.
Waiting...Waiting...
 1 hour.
Check, this time the doc says if I don't dilate anymore we gotta do a c-section.
 I wanted a natural birth, a normal birth.
 Recovery time is quicker and I can actually spend some time with my daughter.
1 hour later, BAD NEWS!
 One side of my cervix wasn't completly dilating.
 If I tried pushing her out, the cervix was only gonna push her back in.
 I had to get a c-section.
At this point, I had already started to get a pretty bad fever.
If we waited any longer for the cervix to dilate, my fever would only get worse and cause more stress on me and the baby.
In to surgery we go.

   Mom came in to be with me.
I heard them say, we're starting.
 And before I knew it I heard that cry.
The cry all mom's look forward to!
 Rush of emotions.
It's so hard to explain what it feels like to hear that cry.
 I looked at my mom and we were both crying.
 I got a glance at her.
She had a full head of hair.
They handed her to me.
LOVE, real LOVE!
She wasn't nothing like I expected
 She was so much more.
 I felt like I was in a dream.
 FINALLY, after 9 months of anticipation. She was here!!
Nothing can beath the feeling of becoming a mother.
 Even the thought of it now, brings tears to my eyes.
Am I dreaming?
It was all a blur...
All I can remember are the feelings I felt that day.
 I remember looking at her and thinking,
"This is what real love feels like!"
 Nevaeh, you were worth it!
 Every single tear.
 Heartbreak.
 Stretch mark.
 Sleepless night.
 Pound gained.
Love lost.
It was all worth it.
Nothing else mattered.

1 comment:

The Watson's said...

CONGRATS! Thanks for sharing your story. I love it!