Tuesday, July 14, 2009

15 Month Check Up

Nevaeh went to her 15 month check up yesterday.

Her stats:
Weight: 21.87 lbs (35 percentile)
Length: 30.75 in (61 percentile)
Head Circumference: 18.5 in (8o percentile)
She got her blood drawn, that was an interesting experience. She's in a study for a new vaccine against meningitis. She's been on it since she was about 3 months old. She's had no side effects and she's doing really well ( I know what you guys are thinking, what a horrible mom! Who puts their child on a vaccine that is still being studied? Well in my defense, I have to say it's really safe. This shot is already being given to babies in Europe and Mexico. It's just a longer process to get things approved here in the states) She's REALLY healthy! But she seriously needs to stop drinking from a bottle! and she needs to stop using her binky!

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I'm trying to get Brock off his bottle too! I really don't want to bring one with us when we come to Utah for our vaca! thankfully he ditched the binky on his own at 5 months! good luck!

Nidia said...

oh yay! Nevaeh is a fan of both, so I'm not sure how to go about it but it needs to happen before she's 1 1/2

Siomara said...

My boys also LOVED both. I just let them leave it themselves. I just can't take it away from them and I think it's mean when parents do it at like 8 months. I mean their baby teeth are going to fall out anyways. Just don't tell the doctor they hate that.

Nidia said...

haha..lol well nevaeh's pediatrician doesn't make a huge deal about it. He says just to let them do it themselves..I just feel like Nevaeh is going to be one of those kids that has it till their like 3 or 4 and I don't want that. As of right now I'm just waiting to see if she does it on her own..We'll see!