Friday, January 2, 2009

A Rough Start to A New Year

So Nevaeh hasn't been a happy camper. On New Year's Eve I had to take her to the doctor because I was worried. She hasn't been eating at all. She's only been drinking her milk. She's been cranky and sleeping more then usual, and she's has a little fever. I thought maybe she was teething but the doctor says she's not. He told me she was fine and that her throat looked a little red so she might just be having a little sore throat. Anyway, I'm not quite sure what's wrong with her but she's STILL in a bad mood. She STILL won't eat anything and she STILL sleeps a ton. So it seems like she just might be sick. This is her first time being sick. It's not easy having a sick baby. It's no fun. And worse I just don't know what's wrong with her.



NOT only that but I think I made it worse. The other day I accidentally put some cleanser on her skin, thinking it was lotion and it made her break out! She has these little red bumps all over her face! Poor girl! I bet it itches like crazy!
I need to pay more attention to what I'm doing!
BUT...
Even though she's not feeling so hot, she still has her funny moments. She's been on a roll. We've taught her a ton of little play a long games and she does them with us. She's trying to walk now. She's even brave enough to let go of anything that's supporting her and she stands up for a couple of seconds. I can't believe how smart she is! Last Sunday she said "retty" meaning "pretty" because her aunt kept saying it. So she's pretty much a little parrot right now. She's mimicking everything everyone says and does.




We had a pretty good New Year's Eve. We celebrated it with ALL our extended family (cousins and friends). I'm gonna try and get some pictures to post later. We hope everyone had a good New Year's and celebrated with those you love!



1 comment:

LB said...

Nidia no se como le haces con escuela y Nevaeh! Eres una buena mama y tienes mucha ayuda asi que buena suerte con la escuela! Any cute guys at school?!