Monday, June 14, 2010

A Potty Story...

Last Thursday Nevaeh asked me to use the potty. I wasn't really surprised because she usually likes to "pretend" she uses the potty. So I took her diaper off and she sat in the potty. I then quickly went to put away some clean laundry I had folded. She usally sits in the potty and sings little random songs she makes up. So while I was folding and putting away clothes she sat on her potty singing her little heart away. I then went in to check on her and she had a "scared" look on her face. Like she had done something wrong. I asked her what was wrong and she stood up and showed me that she had gone potty! I made a HUGE deal about it so she wouldn't be scared or thought that she had done something wrong. So I jumped up and down, clapping, saying "Yay, you're a big girl!" The scared look quickly faded away and she started jumping up and down clapping too! Then she asked me if she could have a bath. Silly girl. I'm so proud of her! I'm not really potty training her right now because she's still using her bottle {she's having seperation issues} but I think she's about ready to go all the way! This little girl is such a smarty!

1 comment:

Stacia said...

Wow! It's such a HUGE milestone and it's awesome that she took the first step by herself. Way to go... you're on your way to diaper freedom!