Wednesday, August 12, 2009

16 Months Old Today...

I didn't even realize that Nevaeh is 16 months old today. I guess I just really don't want my baby to grow up, so I'm not paying much attention to how old she is anymore. I can't believe I have a 16 month old!
Nevaeh's a wild child but even though she's wild, she's surprisingly obedient when she need to be. She's pretty "talkative" and she communicates pretty well for the most part. She's been learning lots of words lately, mostly in English (thanks to her aunt).
Words she's been learning:
-Thank You (I keep telling her,"Say Porfavor")
-Love You
-Please
It's kinda frustrating when you're trying to teach your child to speak in Spanish and everyone around you speaks English to her. I get so frustrated by it sometimes. But for the most part Nevaeh understand Spanish more then she does English. I can tell by the look in her eyes. When someone speaks to her in English she gets the puzzled look on her face. With Spanish her face "lights" up! I know I say it a lot but she really is very smart!

No comments: