Friday, June 5, 2009

A Lesson On....

This little lesson is written down and saved in these blogging records for future references when Nevaeh might need to learn a very important life lesson: The Importance of Saving all your pennies.
When I was 16 I got my first job working at the wonderful Cineplex Odeon as a candy stand girl. Yes, I know, how embarrassing! (Well at least that dreaded uniform was but that's beside the point). I can still remember how I felt when I got my first paycheck. It was one of my most proudest adolescent moments. I was very much dedicated to my job. I worked long, late hours, even when I had to get up and go to school the next day. Yes I was dedicated. Nothing felt greater then being INDEPENDENT. Those long, late hours paid off because with the money I had saved I was able to buy my very first car! I was also able to go back and spend a summer in Mexico City, the city were I was born and spent the first 5 years of my life in. That summer was an amazing summer. I learned so many important little life lessons. I learned to be proud of were I came from, be proud of who I am and what I stand for. I learned to be a little more independent (well as independent as a 16 year old can be). See, saving your pennies not only helps you out financially but it can lead to bigger greater things. By doing something as little as saving some money here and there you can one day travel the world! See beautiful sights, meet amazing people. People who just might change your life! And in return YOU might just change someones life by doing something as small and simple as..saving your pennies!

No comments: