Sunday, June 7, 2009

I ♥ Genealogy

I spent today doing some genealogy work from my maternal side of the family. I've always loved doing genealogy. Once you get me started I'm hooked for hours!
I love learning about my ancestors and where I came from. I hope that someday I can share my love of genealogy with Nevaeh!
Here's my little version of Nevaeh's genealogy tree (well only the maternal side):
Nevaeh Victoria (the latest generation)
Nidia Iliana (My mommy @ around 9 years old)

Delgadillo-Peralta Family (My mom's family)


My grandma, my mommy, and my uncle Jorge in Mexico City


My grandma (Blanca Peralta Munoz) and her oldest sister, Lety, on my grandma's
wedding day! Dec 20, 1980


The Peralta -Munoz Family (this is my grandma's family)


My great-grandma (Graciela Munoz Lara) and my grandma Blanca


My great-grandma (Graciela Munoz Lara) and my great-grandpa (Jose Silvestre Peralta Breton), on their wedding day
June 17, 1953


My great-great-grandmother (Ventura Lara Grimaldo) and my great grandmother (Graciela Munoz Lara)
They are mother and daughter.


My great grandmother (Graciela Munoz Lara) at 8 yrs old


The Lara-Grimaldo Family (My great-great grandmothers, Ventura Lara Grimaldo's family)

Sadly, we only have pictures going back 5 generations. I wish we had more.

2 comments:

Siomara said...

OMG!!!
Where did you get these pictures!!!
do you have anymore? why is it that we never have copies of these.
love the post though

Milita said...

That is awesome! I wanna get started doing geneology too! I did a few years back and it is addicting! These pictures are going to be great for your little one to have!