Thursday, May 21, 2009

Disneyland 2009


First of all, you'll have to excuse me. I'm the worst at taking pictures when I'm on vacation. I guess you can say I'm having way too much fun!

Anyway, our trip to California began in San Diego. We didn't get to do much because on our way to California my dad realized that the van was leaking transmission fluid and so we spent about 3 hours in Barstow trying to figure out what we were going to do. We ended up having to rent a van and arrived in San Diego around 6:00 p.m. We didn't end up doing all we wanted to do in since we arrived so late. San Diego is beautiful!


We did get a chance to go to the San Diego temple. It was beautiful. I even ran into a friend that I worked with here in Orem. She's originally from the San Diego area and her brother was getting married that day.



It was definitely hard being stuck in a car with a 13 month old for 12 hours. Nevaeh has way too much energy for her own good.



Nevaeh did spend a fair amount of time taking little naps here and there. It must be awful having to sleep in that uncomfortable car seat.


We spent 2 days at Disneyland and California Adventures. Nevaeh absolutely loved it.

The weather was really nice. There was a fair amount of people, but I guess that's because it was the weekend.







Nevaeh is a huge fan of Mickey Mouse or as she likes to call him, "Mimi"

When she saw him here she was going crazy! She kept saying, "Mimi! Wow!"


Triana, Ryan, Ava and Sandra joined us at Disneyland. We had a ton of fun with them. I was so glad to have someone Nevaeh's age there. Ava is so adorable and she had so much fun meeting Mickey, Minnie and Goofy!

We spent a lot of time waiting in lines, of course! Who doesn't at Disneyland?!



Interesting things that happened to us while on our trip:

-We rented 4 different cars while on our trip! It was chaos switching cars so many times. Next time I'm flying!

-While we were at Disneyland we got to feel a little aftershock from an earthquake that happened in the LA area. It was funny to see every ones reactions. It kinda ruined our last night at Disneyland since they ended up closing the rides early! Seems to be we have the worst luck!

-On our way back we stayed in Vegas. I woke up around 1:30 sneezing like crazy! I spent 2 hours in a row sneezing till I took a Benedryl and knocked out. I ended up having to go to the doctor and he said that I'm having SEVERE allergies. I've felt awful for the past 3 days!

-While waiting for my dad to pick us up at Disneyland this drunk guy came up to us and had the weirdest conversation with us. It was WAY too funny!

Even though our trip was chaos at times it was definitely worth it! We had a TON OF FUN! Until next year!

No comments: