
Nevaeh's first visit to the Pediatrician.
We waited for hours for the doc to get there.
Michael H. Lauret.
Worth the wait.
Nevaeh weighs 7lbs 8oz now and is 21.5 inches long.
The doc says she's healthy and that everything is ok.
But one of her blood test came back positive for something.
PKU.
Hers came back positive for something about the hemoglobins in her blood.
Honestly, I can't even remember what it's called.
But the doc said that it's not too serious.
She's a carrier.
If she marries someone that has the same problem her kids could get sickle cell anemia.
Which means they can't go up to a certain elevation because their body goes under stress.
Guess it has to do with how much oxygen the blood cells carry.
As you can tell, I'm awful with medical terms.
Anyway, they sent her blood up to get more tests done.
You know, just to make sure.
So I won't find out for a couple of weeks.
She is a healthy, beautiful little girl and a HANDFUL.
She's so demanding...
but nonetheless healthy.
And that's what matters most.


No comments:
Post a Comment